This category of visa is for those who are traveling to Myanmar for tourist purposes only (eligible for all nationalities). This is a single entry visa only. All tourist visas are issued for a stay in Myanmar up to 28 days and are valid for entry into the country within three months from the date of issue. Applicants can apply as independent travelers or be on booked package tours.
Requirements to be sent to the Embassy (Per applicant)
- Passport with at least six months validity and blank page for visa
- ONE tourist visa application form ( Download PDF )
- TWO recent passport size colour photographs
- Departure date from Australia(or home country if not resident in Australia), provide details in writing
- Dates of entry into and departure from Myanmar (in writing)
- Visa fee A$ 35.00 per person
- Business hours contact phone number (in Australia or home country)
- Self-addressed pre-paid envelope or courier satchel large enough to hold all passport, for safe return, i.e. Registered Post, Platinum Express (ordinary postage is not acceptable)
- Confirmation of pre-paid package tour (if applicable)
Visa Fees can be made by Cash, Money Order, Bank Cheque or Company Cheque. (Please make payable to Embassy of Myanmar) No personal cheque will be accepted under any circumstances. All payments must be in Australian Dollars. Payment can be combined in one cheque or money order if there are more than one applicant.